Friday, March 6, 2009

#23 - overdrive

Books in audio are cool. Downloadable audio books are great too. This is Digital Rights Management that makes sense. Sort of. Judging from how many requests I get some days for Playaway batteries, I'd say they're pretty darn popular! (Or come packed with really cruddy batteries.)

Lacking any real portable audio device other than the songs in my head, I've never listened to one. But I remember the day when a fellow SLAIS-er brought in a Playaway for a show and tell. It looked like the sweetest thing since overpriced Nintendo DS decals.

I've downloaded Sabriel from Overdrive, but I didn't really want to bother the Systems folks for something so trivial as requesting permission to install something as trivial as the Overdrive player. So ironically I would've had more time to read the book (see lacking portable audio device above).

And yes, I am gunning for that mp3 player. Gimmeh!

No comments:

Post a Comment