Thursday, March 12, 2009

#24 is a good number

Wow. I think I finished. Or did I? Man, counting is hard. And that's why I went into library school.

What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
The image generators were a lot of fun. Overdrive was neat too, I don't think it gets nearly enough press.

How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?
Wow. That sounds like a question SLAIS would ask. Um. It's definitely broadened my knowledge of a lot of Web 2.0 resources I might never have given a second glance at. And it was extremely rewarding to be able to tell my friends, "I get to watch YouTube at work", which is more often than not suffixed with expressive, gloating hand gestures that may or may not have been 'ghetto' in origin.

Were there any take-aways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
Librarians are funny people. But then, I sort of knew that already, coming in. Oh, also, they love this parchment background. I do too. I would eat my lunch off of my computer screen if they'd let me. Also, Librarians on Facebook? I need to send away to NASA to calculate the awesome of that.

What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?
Hrm. I thought the audio components on the various steps were a little redundant. Plus, when it gets outdated (maybe some of it already is?), I bet it's going to be a pain to replace. I wound up skipping a lot of them; the textual information and hyperlinks were more than enough to get me up to speed.

If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you again chose to participate?
I would do many things for a free mp3 player. Watching YouTube videos at work is one of those things.

1 comment: