Friday, February 20, 2009

#21 - you-u-u-auatube!

Long have I waited for this day. Put on your headphones, ladies and gents.



And here is an extended version.


Did you know that this particular internet meme has actually skyrocketed the original members to international stardom? Here's a snippet from their wiki article that's particularly silly:

'Caramelldansen is known in Japan as "Uma uma dance" (ウマウマダンス), because of the song chorus misheard lyrics (soramimi) of "u-u-ua-ua", ウッーウッーウマウマ (u- u- umauma, "uma" is suggested to mean "yummy", "nice" or "horse" in Japanese). Also part of the misheard lyrics "Dansa med oss, klappa era händer" ("Dance with us, clap your hands") make reference to "Barusamiko-su Yappa irahen de" ("There isn't any Balsamic vinegar after all" in the Kansai dialect) so the song has a different interpretation in Japanese than the original Swedish lyrics.'

Over the past couple weeks, I was so enthralled by this mind-numbingly bopsy tune that I think I was humming it in my sleep. How's that for creepy?

As for library applications, I would love to see more librarians upload their slice of wacky pie to YouTube. Have you folks ever seen SJCPL's awesome library music video? It had librarians doing wacky things, to the tune of Madonna's Ray of Light.

Well, I just found out mere seconds ago that it has been pulled from YouTube, due to some revised copyright clause. Crikey!

However, I'm certain that people are still uploading Madonna's Ray of Light in its entire pirated glory.

I'm just sayin'.

2 comments:

  1. Stuff like this is awesome. I found a big list of these types of lyrics on wikipedia; appearantly "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" is heard in Japan to sound like "Aho na hōnyōhan" which means "idiotic public urination" which I hear is a problem at cap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete