Thursday, February 5, 2009

#6 - rss? yes pls!

Confession time.

Up until I was asked to throw together some RSS feeds using Yahoo!'s bizarre but powerful Pipes app, I had little idea of what an RSS was. It's always been something shunted into the rearmost recesses of my mind, like a helping of steamed peas scraped to a corner of the dinnerplate.

As it turns out, RSS'es are not very pea-like at all! Well, I guess they are, sort of. Perhaps because of my earlier conceptions, they still strike me as having legumish qualities. But these qualities are acceptable. So it's a little like split-pea soup. Still pea. But comfortably badass.

Yes, it's getting close to lunch, why do you ask?

The irony isn't lost on me that for something that was meant to save time, I sure wasted a lot of it on this exercise. I knew right off the bat which sites I wanted to subscribe to, but as a newcomer to the blogging world, selecting blogs wasn't so easy. Unlike this blog, there are people out there who write genuinely interesting stuff. Stuff that deserves to be read. Repeatedly. And one more time, in chronological order.

:o

No comments:

Post a Comment